1/21/08

I Missed the Snow ....

We're back from Charleston - left after we toured around the city and made a trip to Publix for my son. What is it with mom's? We always stock our kid's refrigerators, no matter how old they are. LOL Zipped on back home in 4.5 hours (took the same amount to get there). In NC we started to see patches of light snow here and there on the side of the road in the grass and when we arrived home, there was some snow on some of the roofs in the neighborhood but that was about it. But it was cold - I think it was 30 degrees.

Anyway, we had a great time in Charleston although it rained all the way there and while we were there. J took us to a place called the Crab Shack and we had a great lunch. Then we got to see UNC get beat in basketball by Maryland. Yeah!! Then we went to the movies and saw National Treasure: Book of Secrets. I loved it. I don't care if it was the same as the first movie - I love all the mystery and the clues and the intrigue. And the history even though some of it isn't true. It at least introduces movie-goers to some history - something the younger crowd lacks in my opinion.


Lunch with tip = $100, a movie for 4 people, popcorn and drinks = $59.10; being with my son = PRICELESS.

No comments: