8/31/09

Beach Babes are Back!!

Shackleford Island Ponies
North Carolina

The beach babes are back in town after partying (yeah right) all weekend. We are getting older for sure. We were a little worried that we'd be rained out due to Tropical Storm Danny but it skirted off the coast of NC and instead we got blasted with severe storms that came up from the gulf. I mean the lightning and thunder was so strong and so loud, we jumped out of our beds. Well, they did, I slept thru it - I was exhausted.

Saturday we took off for Cape Lookout. We had a guy take the six of us over to the island and there we stayed all day. I'm a little crisp from the 95 degree, blue skies, not a cloud to be seen, hot weather _ LOVE IT!!! We watched the surfers riding the swells from the storm the night before. Just a great day all around.

And talk about food. We each had to do different meals for the weekend so I made tarragon cabbage slaw for dinner one night and Traci and I made caeser salad on the beach and grilled out shrimp that we skewered on a $5 grill that you threw away after you used it. So fun!! And yummy - we even grilled pineapple for dessert. We had crab/artichoke dip, shrimp, scallops, crab cakes - all freshly caught and made. And ended it all with fresh blueberry pancakes on Sunday morning.

And we watched a weird but good movie - 7 Pounds. Ironic that I probably gained 7 pounds. LOL I won't tell you about it because it's new but you'll have to rent it to see what I mean.

This morning it was back to the grindstone. First we walked in the drizzling rain and then it poured the rain all day today. I just stayed here by the computers and worked all day and some night. I'm ready to hit the hay now and go read the inside of my eyelids - sleep!!!

Ya'll have a great week!!! TTYL


Cape Lookout, North Carolina

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GREAT photos and except for that hurricane hanging around....sound like U are having fun!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhh and U sooooooooo have to tell me about 7 pounds...I really wanna see it and haven't heard of anyone talking....pretty please??? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Very good blog! Regards, Philip

Teresa Kline said...

what gorgeous photos....thanks for sharing...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Michelle H. said...

Loved your pictures!! So glad you had a great time!! Your food you all had sounded Yummy!
Hope you have a great week!
Hugs!

nfaband said...

It sounds like you've had a great weekend ... great way to end summer.

Lisa said...

Sounds like an amazing trip! Love the photos!

Larajc said...

Hey Terri. SOunds like a great trip! a throw-a-way grill...who would have thunk? Miss you!

Terri Moore said...

Thanks everyone for visiting my blog - love your comments that you leave ... Julie, did you send 7 Pounds yet?